AN INFORMAL LOOK BACK AT CJS ACTIVITIES OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS
Pictures of the drawing office
Drawing boards from 1988 to 1992
CAD stations with CRT monitors from 1993 to 2005
Prestigious or noteworthy projects
- Power stations
- Car plants
- Westminster Palace
- Mansion houses & listed buildings
- Toys R Us building, Poole
- Dairy Muller factory, Market Drayton
- Wolves FC Molineux stand
- Road bridges over railway lines, including Metz Way, Gloucester
- Numerous “widgets” and small sensing devices
- Babies dummy and other medical components
- Tweaks to existing drawings, 1 man for less than 1 hour.
Countries where CJS designs have been built or installed
- United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Eire, Egypt, France, Ghana, Greece, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Malaysia, Qatar, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Zimbabwe
- Increasing the number of clients & growing the business.
- Continual investment in latest software to improve the service given to clients.
- Overcoming cash flow problem due to sudden stop (& delayed payments) on large project which had the majority of staff working on it.
- The nationwide shortage of technical staff with relevant industrial experience.
Where are they now? - Pictures of the company founders, all now retired
Bill Chatwin & his wife pictured at their daughter's wedding
Colin Jones now enjoys life in Brittany, France.
Albert Sproston pictured here in North Wales in 2005, sadly passed away in January 2013.
Back to home page